Re: LMAP Validation Analysis

2004-03-10 11:52:30

The following IP/Domain association assertions are made:

LMAP = IP :: HELO domain
LMAP = IP :: MAIL FROM domain

Most proposals make it possible to assert one, the other, or both, while
this text makes it appear that both must be asserted.

These LMAP associations is established by adding a domain DNS TXT record
defining a domain mail policy describing which machines are authorized
by > the domain as authorized send mail machines.

Not necessarily TXT records. I think you should replace the phrase "domain
DNS TXT record" with "DNS record".

Other than the above, this looks good, although it could use a bit more bulk.

--
Philip Miller
millenix(_at_)zemos(_dot_)net