Re: when spoofing isn't

2004-03-19 12:51:11

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Key word "policy description". This group is concerned with a very small goal - authorization records for MTAs or in your own words "listing out the edge mail servers". We are not making generic policy exchange mechanisms - if you want to make those, then we need to restate the problem and evaluate it from that angle. Otherwise, you will end up overloading MARID for the purposes it was not intended to be.

The charter does not limit the scope to envelope from or to data
from. It seems strange to argue that therefore we have to pick one
and only one.

You are right, I assumed that you are looking at MARID as a generic policy mechanism. I have no problems with ability to indicate multiple identities being in there, as long as it does not devolve into a generic mechanism.

Allowing an ability for the sender to indicate a specific identity might be one possible solution. I would rather see such ability if put in, to be normative, rather than non-normative.

Yakov