Re: plan for april 5th xmpp conference...

2004-03-26 14:45:24

On 3/26/04 at 1:21 PM -0800, Marshall Rose wrote:

    2821 HELO/EHLO domain
    2821 MAIL FROM
    2822 From:
    2822 Sender:

the list above didn't talk about particular proposals, what identity does the MTA MARK use that is not enumerated above? remote IP address?

I think the answer is really "none". In most of the other proposals, you are taking the domain from one of the identities above and seeing if the IP address of the incoming server exists in the domain. In something like MTA MARK, you're seeing if the IP address and seeing if it exists in a place in the in-addr.arpa domain. That is, you're not checking the 2821 or 2822 stream at all; you can make the decision before the remote side even issues the HELO/EHLO. Perhaps you want to lay out the choices as:

2821 HELO/EHLO domain
2821 MAIL FROM domain
2822 From: domain
2822 Sender: domain
in-addr.arpa domain

BTW: Not that I have answered yet, but I assume the answer doesn't have to be only 1 of the above. I could say that we need to be able to handle multiple identities in our solution, right?

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102