Re: Limited scope of work

2004-03-29 16:17:31

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 06:07:23PM -0500, John Leslie wrote:
   IMHO, we need several sets:

- known-good IPs -- these are fully authenticated;
- believed trustworthy -- OK if a known-good is in the Receved headers;
- believed-bad IPs -- recommend discarding.

I think a fourth category may be needed:  Unknown -- IPs that are untrusted,
but not necessarily bad.

Otherwise, we risk falling into the mindset that anything not explicitly
permitted is to be dropped.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org