Re: Limited scope of work

2004-03-30 17:18:12

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>; "Andrew Newton" <andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: Limited scope of work

Therefore, we once again ask the participants of this list to focus on
the following identities:

2821 HELO/EHLO domain
2821 MAIL FROM
2822 From:
2822 Sender:
New structure/RR's in .arpa *

This new delayed sender validation at RCPT was a tremendous overhead
reduction improvement

We also offer a DATA hook, but like I said, this logic is system admin
defined.  We are not in the mail interpretation business.

I should note that because of all this talk with mail header analysis,  the
results of the pre-DATA validation is currently being considered to be
passed to the DATA hook.

Currently, the only information that is passed is the Received-SPF header.
So I guess, it is possible that a system admin can write a rule that uses
this result along with the 2822 From: and Sender: entities.

What I don't want to be doing is depend on the DATA hook to have LMAP
validation by for example, comparing MAIL FROM and Sender:, only because I
don't want to be receiving potentially high payloads in order to perform
this.

Of course, we had a HEAD/BODY command instead of DATA, that would solve that
problem and then all these entities can be useful.

http://www.santronics.com