Re: Limited scope of work

2004-03-30 17:21:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
To: "'Mark C. Langston'" <mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org>;
<ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:03 PM
Subject: RE: Limited scope of work

I view this as bad.  We must provide a means by which people can ease
into the use of MARID.  One such mechanism is the ability to define a
grey area between "absolutely accept" and
"probably/absolutely reject".

You mean 'dump it into the spam filter with a large penalty' ?

I think there are three cases of interest

1) There is no profile information for the domain
2) There is profile information for the domain and the use is consistent
3) There is profile information for the domain and the use is not
consistent

Probably the same category, as #3 but you may have:

4) There is inconsistent mixed profile information (one for return path, one
for helo).

I see this alot and it may say something about the forwarding mail probem.
If a return path profile fails, could a pass HELO profile prevail?