Re: Applying LMAP info in any context

2004-04-24 18:49:00

On 4/24/04 6:09 PM, "Greg Connor" <gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org> wrote:

--Greg Connor <gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org> wrote:

I still think that it's important to state one policy for both for 99% of
domains.  In other words, for MY domain, I want ALL protection available,
and I don't want to do extra steps to opt-in to MAIL FROM/HELO/Header
checks.

In case it's not clear, this means that I *disagree* strongly with Margaret
(and Wayne, and Meng) on this point, though I wholeheartedly agree with all
of them on many other points.

I really do NOT want to see 2821 and 2822 worked on in isolation from each
other.  I don't want to split up our efforts.  I don't want to duplicate
our work.  I *certainly* don't want to end with with different mechanisms.

You are right in that it would be much better to have exactly one solution
that does all that is sufficient and nothing more. But sometimes the best
really is the enemy of the good. We need speed, and standards development is
slow.

Margaret.