Re: Wild card MXes

2004-05-26 13:58:21

On 5/26/2004 1:52 PM, Rand Wacker sent forth electrons to convey:

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Matthew Elvey wrote:

I've fallen behind, probably missed some discussion - did we decide that

lookup _marid.host TXT record
is better than
lookup host TXT record,

which, IIRC, SPF-ID will be doing anyway for backward compatibility with
SPF, and hence the need for wildcard support beyond the usual way?  I'm
wondering aloud why we're not sticking with SPF's syntax but changing
the semantics and usage.

Argh.  I would really hope that they would consider putting the policy
record into a delegatable domain/record/anything so that you can shove the
management of that data off to a different group if you want to.  So many
large organizations have a wall of beuracracy between the email folks and
the DNS folks.

SPF does, I assume SPF-ID will.
http://spf.pobox.com/mechanisms.html#redirect