RE: Alternative to TXT or new RR

2004-06-12 16:32:43

wayne wrote:
I agree, MARID can't claim the TXT RR for it's own.

Ok I tried, no cigar this time.

Bob Atkinson wrote:
Let's be clear; this is NOT the plan of record in the
current draft. Rather, MARID is claiming the COMBINATION
of a particular domain prefix and TXT as it's own.

For the record, which I support. Nevertheless, numerous posts have
highlighted the fact that this might not be "good enough" to go to PS
(compared to a solution that would use a new RR), so everything that
makes the TXT solution sexier is generally a good idea.

Wayne:
almost all domains have enough space left in the
512B UDP DNS packet that you can add SPF records
without problems.

Obviously this applies to SFPID only if the SPFID record keeps a size
comparable to the SPF record.

Michel.