Re: Alternative to TXT or new RR

2004-06-16 11:49:33

On 6/16/2004 10:55 AM, Jon Kyme wrote:

duple (and anything else?) to some service providing reputation and/or
authorisation. Well, actually, here MARID is reduced to (at most) a way
of discovering the service.

All very interesting -  in scope? I dunno.

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/marid-charter.html

| It would be useful for those maintaining domains and networks to be
| able to specify that individual hosts or nodes are authorized to act
| as MTAs for messages sent from those domains or networks. This
| working group will develop a DNS-based mechanism for storing and
| distributing information associated with that authorization.

Charter does not say that scope is specifically associated with the
explicit authorization data itself.

Nor does it say that all processing must be receiver-side.