Re: MTAmark (was: Reality check please)

2004-06-15 10:23:32

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 06:05:37PM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
So, it appears that MARID does not solve your problem the way you
would like it to be solved.

Wrong. One draft that the MARID WG has produced and which urban legends
tell will be the MARID standard does not solve the problem in the way I
want it to be solved.

So what? MARID solves the problem it was chartered to solve in the
way it was chartered to solve it.

The draft-marid-core solves it in ONE way. That charter does not give a
way at all to solve the problem and surely it doesn't talk about accept
and rate or reject.
This decision is part of the decision finding process.

It sounds to me that you are part of the problem that we are trying
to solve here.

With about 100 Mio addresses on the reject block and a straight blocking
rate of 40% connections a day on a 30000 connections a day mailserver
with about 1 complaint per month I don't think I'm too big a problem.

As it looks now MARID will not solve a problem but introduce a bunch of
new ones, but then the charter doesn't say it shouldn't.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299