RE: MTAmark (was: Reality check please)

2004-06-14 18:05:36

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 02:34:44PM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
There are plenty of sites that now accept mail from AOL as genuine
because the IP address is correct. Otherwise it goes into the spam
filter with a huge penalty attached.

Wrong strategy.

I don't want my mailserver to take over responsibility for spam mails.
And I don't want my users/employees to take over
responsibility and have
them stolen their time and my money (as employer) having them
wade around
in spam mail folders sorting out false positives.

So, it appears that MARID does not solve your problem the way you
would like it to be solved.

So what? MARID solves the problem it was chartered to solve in the
way it was chartered to solve it.

We run a very facistic DNSBL. A host sends spam, he gets listed. No
expire. Sometimes (very rarely) someone comes whining "but we
have fixed
the problem 1 year ago". So what? They harassed me and my users.

It sounds to me that you are part of the problem that we are trying
to solve here.