Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID

2004-07-01 06:54:34

From: Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>

1. Which specification are you referring to, for the latter? The
current candidates for names that folks from the SPF camp have been
using are SPF, Unified SPF, SPF Classic and Sender ID. I might have
missed one. In any event, none of those names appear as any working
group document and no one from the SPF camp has yet made a definitive
declaration of what specific document is being used for comparison
with CSV. When this is remedied, it will be possible to answer
substantive questions such as the one you asked here.

I want to echo and reinforce this observation - I also no longer know what
"SPF" means. I understand SenderID as the combination of the marid-core and
marid-submitter proposals. I think I know what SPF classic is, but I am no
longer sure since it appears that there are proposals to interpret spf v1
records in a variety of ways beyond the current definitions.

This has caused me to ponder the wisdom of publishing SPF records.

Margaret.