Re: Forging (was Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID )

2004-07-04 00:16:33

Alan,

Spam does not require forging.  Forging is simply a convenient hack,
so it is used... for now.
AD>   FYI, I have been in discussions with large financial 1institutions,
AD> who see forgery as a serious problem.

I did not say that forgery is not a problem.

I said that it is not essential to spamming.

Get rid of forging and you will not reduce spamming at all.

In any event, the forgery protection that financial institutions
require is considerably stronger than the anti-spam forgery protection
schemes being considered in this working group.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>