Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID

2004-07-01 06:09:04

Andrew,

N>     Is it clear to you that CSV has definite security advantages over
AN> SPF/Sender-ID?

1. Which specification are you referring to, for the latter? The
current candidates for names that folks from the SPF camp have been
using are SPF, Unified SPF, SPF Classic and Sender ID. I might have
missed one. In any event, none of those names appear as any working
group document and no one from the SPF camp has yet made a definitive
declaration of what specific document is being used for comparison
with CSV. When this is remedied, it will be possible to answer
substantive questions such as the one you asked here.

2. You do not ask about any operations (adoption, deployment,
administration) differences, nor about performance (efficiency,
scaling, etc.) differences. Nor do you ask about differences in impact
on the email infrastructure. I hope these, too, are considered
relevant.

AN> I'm only asking these questions so that we can hopefully refine the
AN> conversation on this topic.

At the moment, stability of reference would be even better than
refinement.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>