Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID

2004-07-03 00:15:33

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com>
To: "IETF MARID WG" <ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID

Now, since SPF-classic (see link above) doesn't have anything to do
with the 2822 information and *does* validate the HELO domain, most of
your message is, at best, irrelevant.

Granted, SPF-classic's validation of the HELO domain has not been
cited as a key feature of SPF, so this confusion is a little more
understandable.  I did address it in this recent message:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg02508.html

I think you might be underestimating what SPF can do here to match the basic
concept in CVS with one simple change.  :-)

It starts with this assertion:

    SPF HELO lookups results can only result in NONE, PASS or FAIL.
    It is not logical to have a SOFTFAIL or NEUTRAL. without breaking
    the "chain of trust" concept.

Add this and you have the key fundamental premise of CSV - persistent
domains.

If you need me to explain this, I will.

http://www.santronics.com