Re: Forging (was Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID )

2004-07-07 18:29:27

In <20040707213745(_dot_)404C917109(_at_)mail(_dot_)nitros9(_dot_)org> "Alan
DeKok" <aland(_at_)ox(_dot_)org> writes:

wayne <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com> wrote:
Nothing proposed on this WG is going to stop spam.

  No one is claiming it will.  Anyone claiming that MARID will stop
spam should be educated as to how it works.

Alan:

I think we are actually in violent agreement on these issues.

While I can't recall anyone claiming that any MARID/LMAP proposal
would stop spam, I have seen several comments about how not stopping
spam is somehow a major flaw.

While I think that many of the MARID/LMAP proposals will both reduce
the rate of growth of spam and increase the costs for spammers, those
aren't my main goal here.  I hope to help stop forgery, (slightly)
increase the accountability email, reduce the mount of bogus
bounces/C-Rs/"virus" warnings, and make whitelisting far more useful.

-wayne