Misinformation - Re: Interpreting "v=spf1" (was Work plan for Sender ID)

2004-09-14 16:49:07

"v=spf1" MUST be valid for the "HELO" scope or the message/record is not compliant enough with the SPF specification to ensure a 'pass'. Mark's statements to the contrary are incorrect. (Read the spec - the SPF I-D - http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200406.txt , which says that the HELO check MAY be done on any message. Hey, Meng - it's way too hard to find the I-Ds on the site since the redesign! )

From the spec:
  "An SMTP sending host MUST also resolve a "pass" for all the
  SPF-conformant domains which appear in the "HELO" or "EHLO" command."