Re: FTC stuff 0) Lies 1)Yahoo & DK. 2)GoDaddy DNS & SPF & CSV. 3)Dean & FUSSP. 4)Testing 5)EFF, Anonymity.

2004-11-20 15:38:02

And with all due respect for your credentials and expertise, I have a
problem grasping your philosophy and analogies.  Phone and Snail Mail
actually has better security than SMTP.   POTS enjoys "real" caller-id
technology and snail mail atleast as a "permit" system and "official"
delivery entity in place.

I guess that makes me 'stupid' in your eyes, I guess that makes me
"un-informed" in your view,  I guess that makes me well, not worth hearing
out.  That's how I see it played out in the IETF "arena."

Look, it is a SMTP problem and the SOLUTION is at SMTP.   Either you change
it, clean it up or you don't.  Can't expect chaos and hence, a propensity to
stability to occur unless the target audience is forced to adapt as well.

I apologize for my tone if viewed the wrong way, but this attitude has been
what's keep the required R&D for SMTP "3821" to materialized.  Where the
hell is John Klensin?  That is has been the biggest disappointment to me as
an "greenie" (not to be construed as inexperience) in IETF.   The #1 person
that should be INVOLVED in any SMTP related discussion hasn't set foot in
the WG - then and now.  He gave me his reasons privately.

Now explained that?

I even suggested that he pass the torch to someone who can sincerely
champion the next era of Email and SMTP development.  Obviously, its a
struggle for some in IETF let go.

Sorry

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO