SPF and HELO, was Re: SPF PASS (was: "If you believe that the SPF concept is fundamentally flawed, please subscribe at http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/")

2005-05-26 09:14:26

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Carl Hutzler wrote:

I wish there was a way to utilize the relatively large number of SPF records
in a technology like CSV.

It seemed to me at one point that there was some promise that it would be
possible to write an SPF record which applied only to HELO or only to PRA
or only to the return path. However divergent SPF/SenderID implementations
and specifications have horribly muddied the waters and I'm not sure it's
possible to do this now and expect any kind of reliable interoperability.
Disaster.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR