Re: SPF and HELO, was Re: SPF PASS (was: "If you believe that the SPF concept is fundamentally flawed, please subscribe at http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/")

2005-05-26 10:08:40

I wish there was a way to utilize the relatively large number of SPF records
in a technology like CSV.

Yeah.  Too bad that among SPF's many flaws is that it completely
confuses the HELO domain and the MAIL FROM domain (and on a bad day,
the domains in From:, Sender:, Resent-From:, and Resent-Sender:.)

It seemed to me at one point that there was some promise that it
would be possible to write an SPF record which applied only to HELO
or only to PRA or only to the return path.

SPF 2.0 was supposed to let you specify which contexts each record is
supposed to apply to, but I agree that it'll never get any traction.