Re: Signature assertions

1997-10-12 03:48:57

Andrew Bromage <bromage(_at_)cs(_dot_)mu(_dot_)oz(_dot_)au> writes:
Slight change-of-topic: I'd like to see assertions attached to
signatures in a machine-readable way, for example some extra string not
part of the document being signed but still part of the signature
hash.  Assertions could include:

      - I sign this document.  (i.e. I agree to the contents, I
        authorise the contents, whatever that means legally)

      - I use this document to prove who I am.  (e.g. an
        authentication system where I send you a file and ask you to
        sign it)

      - I have received/seen this document.

      - It is really me who is asking you to do X to this document.

These are the kind of functionalities the extracts from the EEMA draft
I posted could be implemented well with.

The functionality would be useful.

Adam