Re: What this WG is doing

1997-10-28 07:54:45
* Rodney Thayer wrote:
IMHO: We can't document features or bugs made by a company while we are
working on the draft. We can't document bugs as features. Several
implementation flaws of PGP 5.x must be cleared in this draft.

Exactly what flaws of PGP 5.x that manifest themselves as aspects of the
message format are you referring to?

 - uniqueness of key ID and fingerprint
 - "key expiration time" subelement which is indeed a user ID expiration time
 - self-signature of encryption keys undefined for different purposes
   especially key revokation certificates
 - GAK in the format to implement CDR => format misses storage usage

And everything I missed. ;-)