Re: What this WG is doing

1997-10-28 01:59:17
* John  W. Noerenberg wrote:
[Goal: Document the format]
However, adding new ideas that are not in any implementation will slow us
down, changing old ideas which are already used in common will slow us
down.  If anyone starts down those paths, I'll ask you, politely, to
refrain.

IMHO: We can't document features or bugs made by a company while we are
working on the draft. We can't document bugs as features. Several
implementation flaws of PGP 5.x must be cleared in this draft. Otherwise,
several people will leave the WG and protest.

For 2, there already is a PROPOSED STANDARD for MIME encapsulation of
PGP-encrypted and/or signed messages, RFC 2015.  We know it works, as there
are several implementations.  There appear to be a few defects of a *minor*
nature.  We should fix them and advance it as a DRAFT STANDARD as soon as
possible.  It already meets most of the requirements for DRAFT status.

There is only a minor change to RfC 2015 helpful to ease programming. AFAIK
the current implementation sources, these minor change does not require
any software update.

Do I miss something?