Re: Proposal for new Attribute packet

1998-03-10 11:26:01
* Jack Repenning wrote:
I'm not sure this addresses the use Hal had in mind.  An implication of
allowing an attribute packet "wherever a userid packet may be" is that it
can be signed by another party.  I imagine the UI he has in mind would
allow this other party to add the attribute, rather than (or, "in addition
to") the key owner doing so.  The end goal is (I think) the ability to
express the meaning of your signature ... "I certify this key for business
purposes, but I wouldn't trust this blighter with the personal secrets of a
snail."

It is better to add it the the signature subpacket or the zero certificate.