Re: Proposal for new Attribute packet

1998-03-20 14:31:22

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, William H. Geiger III wrote:

-> No, I don't like it I don't like it at all. All a signature on a UserID is
-> to represent is authentication of ownership. I do *not* want my keys
-> cluttered up with a bunch of meaningless comments from 3rd parties.

 In that case, all comments which may be necessary e.g. in the context of
CAs (there's a whole bunch of them, e.g. 'may sign for company XY', 'member
of CA UVW' or 'ID checked via postal agency' (possible in Germany)) would
need to go into the User-ID itself. That may not be feasible. While your
point is well taken, there are also meaningful comments for which a comment
field in the signature packet would be a highly sensible place.

--
Christopher Creutzig # Im Samtfelde 19 # D-33098 Paderborn # V+49-5251-71873