Re: Preliminary V4 RSA key support added. But I can't test...

1998-04-04 15:23:51
On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Jon Callas wrote:

   I was wrong, it is a V4 packet.  But it uses V3 including keyids for
   everything else, so I can't find the key on the keyring.

   I needed to compensate for the checksums unique to RSA secret MPIs.

Nonetheless, this sounds like a bug in 5.0.

Bug or feature?  It appears that a V4 RSA secret material is handled
identically to V3 secret material.  It appears that the version byte is
ignored unless it is not 3 or 4.

I can make my code do the right thing (for OpenPGP).  As soon as what the
right thing requires is defined.  But it would break 5.0.

Anyone working on an implementation for the Palm Pilot Pro?

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---