Re: WGLC for draft-ietf-openpgp-openpgp-15 ends Oct 28 1700EDT

2005-10-11 19:17:57

On 11 Oct 2005, at 2:39 PM, Ian G wrote:

Jon Callas wrote:

The possible outside exception is the "Cleartext Signatures" thread, where I believe there's no consensus for a change, but I don't see anything that can't be added in WGLC if that's not the case.

Ben raised an issue about the blank line separating
the headers from the armour.  Is that mandatory or
not?  I think it should be.

My opinion is that the spec clearly says that the blank line is required. If in the real world, there are implementations that don't put it in, and yet are generally accepted, then well, okay, but that's a standards violation.

I suppose that's reason enough to discuss taking it out, that it's more nodded to than observed, but I haven't noticed it being ignored. I was surprised that anyone didn't do it.

If consensus is to do something -- hey, that's why it's last call.

    Jon