Re: [Sam Hartman] Openpgp comments

2006-09-19 16:17:22

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:55:08PM +0200, Ian G wrote:

To my mind, then, it comes down to an optimisation
problem in determining how to get the doc out the
door.  Security, common sense, and all that are
out the window.

I know you're not serious, but if anyone wants to discard "security,
common sense, and all that", then they should really just be silent.

I'm not against a SHA-256 or 512 based MDC.  I'm just noting that this
issue seems to be a misunderstanding between this WG and the ADs, and
it might be nice to know what is going on and ensure we understand
what the objection is before we change the design.

Sam Hartman offered to speak on the phone.  I'd be happy to make that
call, though Jon Callas or Hal Finney would probably be a better
choice.  All I ask for is a 10 minute phone call.  We've already spent
many times that in this discussion.

David