Re: Rechartering the OpenPGP WG

2008-01-19 01:26:41

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, David Shaw wrote:

* V5 keys
* Changing/adding to the default / MUST-implement symmetric cipher
* Changing/adding to the default / MUST-implement hash algorithm

V5 keys might be the easiest way to get extended fingerprints or a
different default cipher, as it neatly removes the
backwards-compatibility issues.  This is true even if V5 is defined as
identical to V4 except for the version number.

It would be nice if we had fingerprints read from left-right for the hash
of the key; this was apparently the original intention in PGP 3, and
someone got the direction wrong. ;)

(So if we're redefining fingerprints for v5, and could fix this with
minimum of fuss, it would be nice.)