Re: [openpgp] How to re-launch the OpenPGP WG

2015-03-12 20:11:36
On Thu 2015-03-12 09:50:19 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015, Werner Koch wrote:
Would the Dallas meeting be a starting point for this?

Deadlines for organising things "officially" are passed:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates-2015.html#ietf92

But I'm happy to organise an unofficial meetup and take notes.

I'm also happy to help with something unofficial in Dallas even though
the "official" dates are past.  I think this is a good idea.

fwiw, i'd consider a re-chartered wg to cover possible revisions or
extensions to several RFCs, not just 4880:

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880   -- OpenPGPv4
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3156   -- PGP/MIME
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6637   -- ECC in OpenPGP

To add an item to Werner's earlier list:

 * i'd like to spec out an adjustment to PGP/MIME that provides
   signature and encryption protection for RFC 822 headers.

We've had some discussion and interest about this on the Enigmail
mailing list already, and there was an in-person discussion at the CTF
in Valencia last week (using the placeholder name "memory hole").
Nailing down exactly how we expect that to work should be in-scope to a
new WG.

    --dkg