Re: [openpgp] How to re-launch the OpenPGP WG

2015-03-13 08:38:14
Franklin Wang <franklinwang21st(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> writes:

It's very interesting for pure technical users. But do you want to help
ISIS or other terrorists? Pls think over about that.

I'm not sure if this was a joke of if you're serious.  There's no smiley
face, so I'll go under the assumption you were being serious.  (If I'm
mistaken, feel free to ignore the rest of this message)..

I'm afraid the cat is well out of the bag on that one.  The tools are
out there, and have been out there for well over 20 years already.
Tools, like anything, can be used for good or evil.  The same tools that
you are concerned about are actually being used by Human Rights
Activists in countries with Apartheid-like oppressive goverments.  Take
away the tools and you remove the safety net those worker have!

Franklin

-derek
       warlord(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU                        PGP key available