On Thu, 12 Mar 2015, Werner Koch wrote:
There are several tasks the WG should do:
- New signature subpackets. For example one to specify a fingerprint
and not just the keyid.
- Take care of individual I-Ds.
- The use of SHA-1 needs to be replaced.
- A v5 key format. Prepare for forthcoming public key algorithms.
- A new encryption mode to replace our aging CFB+SHA1 method with a
fast and standard mode.
- Maybe extend it to key distribution.
Is there any interest in this?
I think there is interest.
How can we get the WG out of the concluded state?
Write up a list of things to do, draft a new charter. You started some
of that already with your list above.
Would the Dallas meeting be a starting point for this?
Deadlines for organising things "officially" are passed:
But I'm happy to organise an unofficial meetup and take notes.
Who would volunteer as Chair?
I'd be happy to be a co-chair.
openpgp mailing list