Re: [openpgp] How to re-launch the OpenPGP WG

2015-03-12 08:38:53
- New signature subpackets.  For example one to specify a fingerprint
  and not just the keyid.

This needs to happen.

- A v5 key format.  Prepare for forthcoming public key algorithms.

What sorts of changes do you see being needed here?

- A new encryption mode to replace our aging CFB+SHA1 method with a
  fast and standard mode.

Right.

Is there any interest in this?

Yes.

How can we get the WG out of the concluded state?

So, some of these things have been proposed as, like, extension RFCs or whatever instead of a supercession to main OpenPGP. But I guess that work is usually done under this WG as well. Do you see moving more in that direction, or a full-on new RFC coming out of proposed work?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted