Re: [openpgp] Intent to deprecate: Insecure primitives

2015-03-13 20:30:48
Yes, I can get behind that.  Make it so!  Users should be presented with
secure defaults and not given the opportunity to unknowingly decrease
security.  Deprecating lower-security but equivalently performant
algorithms is especially commendable.

That said, archived encrypted data may require decryption support well
into the future.  OpenPGP-encrypted data is not ephemeral like
TLS-encrypted data.

--Falcon Darkstar Momot
--Shadytel