Re: [openpgp] Intent to deprecate: Insecure primitives

2015-03-16 16:11:41
On Monday, March 16, 2015, Bill Frantz <frantz(_at_)pwpconsult(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 3/16/15 at 6:51 AM, warlord(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU (Derek Atkins) wrote:

 Oh, you expected me to decrypt/re-encrypt my encrypted email as I got
it???

[...] I probably have a bunch of old PGP encrypted email I can't read
anymore because I don't have the secret key, or its passphrase. If that
mail had been re-encrypted in a format that I decrypt every day, I would
still be able to read the mail.

Yep. Same boat here, actually. I think this is something that is better for
security and better for usability.