Re: [openpgp] Intent to deprecate: Insecure primitives

2015-03-16 08:51:44
Werner Koch <wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org> writes:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 02:22, coruus(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com said:

2. Yahoo and GnuPG have both already deprecated V3 public keys for any
use. We recommend that other implementations do the same.

Only for GnuPG-2.  We keep on maintainog 1.4 so that existisng dat dan
still be decrupted.

Yeah, I'm still a bit bitter about that.. ;-)

It means I need to keep two versions around and somehow get my mailer
to know which one to use when I want to go through my historical
encrypted email archives.

Oh, you expected me to decrypt/re-encrypt my encrypted email as I got it???

Yahoo has deprecated, and intends to disable support for all uses, of
the following primitives and packet types specified for use with
OpenPGP v4:

This is what the preference system is all about.

Indeed.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

-derek
       warlord(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU                        PGP key available