Re: [openpgp] details of 4880bis work

2015-04-16 10:40:49

I must admit that given my 23-year history with PGP/OpenPGP, that is
*NOT* my personal definition of "keyring".  At least it's not where
my brain goes first when I see that word (it goes to the data file
that contains my local cache of all users' keys).

My use of the term was misleading I must admit, going by 4880.  I just
always found it confusing that a "public key" in OpenPGP lingo means "a
collection of one primary key and some subkeys", where each of those is
a 'public key' in itself in a cryptographical sense.

 - V