Re: [openpgp] rfc3880bis - hard expiration time

2015-04-27 09:58:11
On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 16:23 +0200, Dominik Schuermann wrote:
I am not arguing from a user's perspective, I am arguing from the
perspective of an implementor of the standard. More features, more
complexity.
Well... I don't think that this adds *that* much more complexity... it's
just one more field that needs to be set and read out...

I want to see a use case before we put something in the
standard that everyone MUST implement.
Please have a look at my previous posts on that matter, I already gave
some possible usage scenarios respectively "attacks".

For me soft expiration is a way that prevents the usage of keys
after a certain amount of time
As I've outlaid before, it doesn't really prevent this.
Please read my email again. It does not prevent it when you consider
an attacker, but we are not talking about an attack scenario here.
Well but that's what needs to be talked about ^^

 If
you think we are talking about an attack scenario, I like to here what
hard exp can do for us.
See previous mails.

Cheers,
Chris.