Re: [openpgp] rfc3880bis - hard expiration time

2015-04-27 10:32:01
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:29, derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com said:

Unless you've removed support for V3 keys from your implementation then
you effectively already have this implemented.

He has a new implementation and I actually hope it can't handle v3.  I
don't view the increased complexity as a serious problem in this case.
Hard expiration time is easier to implement than the v4 soft-expiration
time.  Thus it adds only a small bit of additional complexity.

A quick local search showed that the hard expiration time must have been
discussed before 2001-09-05 (Florian Weimer) and raised again by Bodo
Moeller on 2003-03-06.

FWIW: I have no real preference pro or contra a hard expiration time.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner