Re: [openpgp] details of 4880bis work

2015-04-16 03:57:48

I'd like to address two points:

Can someone explain why key usage and preference flags for the primary
were made part of user id signatures instead of a direct key signature
or something of the sort?  I felt like this added a lot of complexity
and non-determinism to those parts of the implementation which dealt
with that.

Secondly, (this came up somewhere else), I'm not convinced at all that
designated revokers (5.2.3.15) are a good idea. Is there a significant
advantage over just handing the person a revocation certificate of your
key? I remember deciding against implementing this feature at some point
in OpenKeychain because the complexity/benefit tradeoff just wasn't
there.

 - V