Re: [openpgp] details of 4880bis work

2015-04-20 11:49:46
On 17/04/2015 5:21 am, Werner Koch wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:26, look@my.amazin.horse said:

I meant keyrings, as in primary keys + subkeys.

We use the term keyblock for this.  See 6.2. Forming ASCII Armor.

A keyring is a collection of keyblocks.

While we're on this part, can we finally get some consensus on
keyblock formats?  Specifically that newly generated keys should *NOT*
consist solely of a primary with SCE or SCEA.  Though as near as I can
tell, this will mainly only affect the Kmail + Kleopatra Kontingent
(out of the box) and, maybe, the Bouncy Castle Java devs who continue
to insist on that kind of poor design choice and then inflict them on
unsuspecting end users to the detriment of those users and everyone
communicating with them.

Regards,
Ben