Re: [openpgp] Re-encryption feature

2015-06-04 11:32:57

On Thu, June 4, 2015 12:23 pm, Werner Koch wrote:
On Thu,  4 Jun 2015 17:50, derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com said:

I wonder if implementations could add a re-encrypt mode to bring old
archives into the new formats?

I personally would love such a feature...  But that's out of scope for

Do you mean a feature to change the bulk encryption mode but keeping the
same session key, right?  Everything else wwould only work if you do it
just for one public key (i.e. the one where you own the secret key) and
remove the other PKESKs.

Updating the PKESK or adding new PKESKs or SKESKs would a different but
also useful feature.

For me it would be completely replacing the bulk encryption and possibly
also the public-key encryption.  For example, I have messages that are
IDEA-encrypted to my (old) RSA key, and I'd like to re-encrypt them using
AES to e.g. an ECC key.

but again, this is getting way far off topic for this list.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com