Re: [openpgp] Proposed WG charter

2015-06-04 12:19:18
On Thu 2015-06-04 04:35:24 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
On Thu,  4 Jun 2015 00:58, cdl(_at_)asgaard(_dot_)org said:

* inclusion of the CFRG elliptic curves

Does that mean we can finish the goal only if we include these curves
(as MUST algorithms)?

I don't think this says anything about MUST algorithms (that'd be part
of the MTI update decisions, which the charter doesn't make any
statement about).  I personally think that a 4880bis without at least
one of the CFRG curves in it would be a bit of a shame, but that's with
no hats on.

If the group disagrees with that (if we're generally ok with the value
of a 4880bis without any updated curves) then we should loosen the
language in the charter so that it's not a requirement for 4880bis.

Do we want to do a rough straw poll on this?

Do you think that a 4880bis should include some specification for how to
use at least one of the new CFRG curves?

      --dkg