Re: [openpgp] SHA3 algorithm ids.

2015-08-09 02:55:43
On Sat,  8 Aug 2015 14:43, paul(_at_)nohats(_dot_)ca said:
What is the rationale to implement all sha3 variants?

Because they are drop-in replacements for the 4 SHA2 algorithms; that is
the whole point of these algorithms.  Assigning algorithm ids does not
mean that they will be used - that is an entire different story.  It is
better to have well defined ids than to resort to experimental
algorithms.  FWIW, I do not plan to support them in write-mode.

Although IANA assigns them, we always agreed prior to any official
assignment on new algorithm ids.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner