Re: [openpgp] SHA-x performance

2015-08-12 12:12:29
On 8/12/15 at 8:11 AM, iang(_at_)iang(_dot_)org (ianG) wrote:

Personally, I see a huge leap here. OpenPGP isn't suitable/designed at all for that application(s) / market(s).

I see some security needs in this market that, like most security needs, are being generally ignored.

(1) Authentication of messages

(2) Replay protection for messages

(3) Authentication of software updates

Can PGP perform these functions? Is it the best technical solution?

If the answer to both of these is yes, then we should consider these small systems.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz |"Insofar as the propositions of mathematics refer to 408-356-8506 | reality, they are not certain; and insofar they are www.pwpconsult.com | certain, they do not refer to reality.” -- Einstein