ietf-openproxy

Re: Service Binding Times (Re: Proxylet Downloading and metadata)

2001-03-28 18:20:22
Franco,

In the realm of lazily-evaluated bindings, I would also consider an
OPES device that uses the Service Location Protocol (SLP, rfc 2608)
to qualify and make 1st contact with a service (i.e., the OPES
device includes a User Agent for SLP).

Sure. But we did not yet talk about the actual mechanism of HOW to do
the service binding, just about WHEN to do it. There are several
existing mechanisms that might be useful, SLP is certainly one of
them. When we've a clear picture of our requirements, we can evaluate
the alternatives. Thanks for the pointer!

-Markus