Re: Service Binding Times (Re: Proxylet Downloading and metadata)

2001-03-28 16:44:50
At 01:42 PM 3/28/2001, Markus Hofmann wrote:

 (4) Service binding could be done "at runtime", i.e. when a
     message comes in and a certain rules matches, we do
     binding for the associated action just at this time.

In the realm of lazily-evaluated bindings, I would also consider an OPES device that uses the Service Location Protocol (SLP, rfc 2608) to qualify and make 1st contact with a service (i.e., the OPES device includes a User Agent for SLP).

-franco