Re: opes and technology picks

2001-06-22 12:04:16

Apparently the plan is that you have to ask explicitly that the packets
coming your way be diverted to some point where they are absorbed and a
new stream is sent your way -- packets are not modified, they are either
passed through or replaced completely.

I hope not. if OPES is going to mess with the routing of IP packets,
it's abhorrent for entirely different reasons.

but the description of the group that we were given was so vague that
we really can't tell what OPES has in mind.  so we're doing a lot of
guesswork.

maybe someone should write up a completely new charter, which actually
explains in precise, well-defined, technical terms (not marketing speak)
what kind of protocol the group proposes to write, and how it interacts
with other protocol engines.

Keith