RE: Draft on Callout Protocol Requirements

2001-11-28 11:26:17
Reinaldo,

We should probably discuss this at IETF 52.  As you point out, there are
many combinations.  A fundamental concept
however is, an administrative domain is independent of an AS.  I have have a
home network that is a member of my ISPs
AS, however, it clearly is under my own administrative control.  In content
networking, AS's don't  have any hard relationships
with Administrative Domains or Authoritative Domains.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Reinaldo Penno [mailto:reinaldo_penno(_at_)nortelnetworks(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:15 AM
To: 'Tomlinson, Gary'; 'Phil Rzewski'
Cc: 'ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org'
Subject: RE: Draft on Callout Protocol Requirements

Gary,

And the virus scanning example...I will just say that there are infinite
combinations based on these examples. I will just say that my IPs are owned
by ATT and I do not have an AS. Then we can enter on a discussion on managed
services (CPE or network based), and when a network is a CN or not, and
ultimately if OPES needs a CN (overlay)  or not. etc.

We better take this offline.

regards,

Reinaldo